We have made more progress on the 355 today.
In order to make sure the engine was timed up precisely, we took the cam covers off and used a gauge to accurately judge exactly where the pistons were sat.
Once it was aligned perfectly, we made a mark on the teeth to help with it next time.
The cam covers themselves were in poor condition cosmetically, the original red paint had flaked off and the aluminium rails looked past their best.
So while they were off, we thought it best to freshen them up.
We have sandblasted both the cam covers and the rail and treated them to a few coats of new paint.
Some photos of todays work: